BY CLAIRE HUSHON
Sweatpants or athletic shorts and comfortable t-shirts are certainly a go-to for most college students.
But for those days when students have a little extra time in the morning, or just want to look nice that day, inspiration can be drawn from major designers from Gucci to Tom Ford to create a nice, spring look.
- Bold Stripes. This year on the runway, designers like Dior and Dolce & Gabbana featured tops with bright, bold stripes. The classic pattern was brought to life with vibrant colors – perfect for spring. Try matching a bright striped sweater with a skater skirt for those cool spring days.
- Off-the Shoulder Shirts. When it’s sunny and 75, give your shoulders a breather. Rag & Bone and The Row were just a few of the designers who featured exposed shoulders on the runway this season. This trend leaves the shoulders exposed, making you look and feel cool.
- Romantic Ruffles. Gucci and Jason Wu both introduced soft ruffles at their shows recently. Ruffles can add detail to a basic shift dress, or play up a flowy pastel top.
- Sequins and Sparkle. Sequins aren’t just for New Year’s. Take a note from Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford and Gucci and shine bright this spring. Each designer included colorful sequins in their spring collections.
- Chain-handled bags. One of the biggest bag trends this season is chains. Stella McCartney and Tory Burch both used this cool feature on their bags this season. The chain is perfect because it can be worn as a crossbody, over-the-shoulder or stuffed inside to create the perfect clutch.
- Oversized Clutches. Clutches are known for being the formal go-to accessory, but these oversized clutches can be casual as well. Plus, it has room for all of the necessities. Boss, Celine and Narciso Rodriguez showcased this trend at shows this year.